Question: Moving my 1 1/2 year Axolotl to a much bigger tank

Roother

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! Haven't used this site in a very long time and I'm glad I'm back :)

So I currently have my axolotl in a 10 gallon tank and am going to move him into a 60 gallon tank and was wondering if that is an okay thing to do?

Was also thinking of getting him either one or two more axolotl friends for company.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome back :)

As long as your new tank is fully cycled before you add him in, I don't see any issues - he'll probably love the extra space!

Adding some axie friends shouldn't be an issue either - I find that all 5 of my axies enjoy hanging out together and they seem quite social. As long as your axies are of a similar size and there are plenty of hiding spaces etc I'm sure they will be ok.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back