Question: Can I give cooked turkey to my axolotl?

Spencerr

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ran out of food yesterday, and it's too cold to go out and look for worms. I can't think of anything else to give her until I can go get food for her tomorrow, but I'm worried about her going hungry. Would I be able to give her some leftover turkey from thanksgiving to hold her over? And if so how much? Any advice on what to do is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't. They don't eat cooked food naturally.

How old is she? I'm sure one missed day of food won't hurt her.

One day without food is no problem. They don't always find food every day in the wild.

Also I would never feed a wild worm, they often have parasites.

Personally, I wouldn't. Axolotls can go days without eating so one or two days latter than usual won't hurt. Missing one feeding won't be nearly as bad as getting sick or having diarrhea. :)??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axolotls can go weeks without food. My Axolotl refused earthworms for about 4 weeks until he finally decided he was hungry enough to start eating them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back