Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Getting Axolotl, Condensation Concerns

Arphonage

Reaction score
Hi guys, I live in New Zealand and want to get an axolotl for Christmas, the problem is I was going to put the tank in the same room as my computer, but I am concerned about the condensation it might cause in winter. If anyone has any tips or can tell me I am stupid and that there won't be much condensation, then feel free to let me know below :)

Thanks

Luca1980

Reaction score
I have a chiller on my tank and on really hot, humid days (30 degrees plus) my axie tank is covered in condensation because the water is so cold. I usually put a fan in front of them to help with evaporation, but to be honest when its boiling hot it doesn't really help much

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1