Screen with cords?

katerinara

Reaction score
Country
United States
So hi all!! I'm putting together my tank for our new axolotl babies, and I know a screen cover is required due to possible jumping/etc. I've found a decent internal filter, and figure I'll throw an air stone in there (since some people's like them, other's done and see how they do with it), but I'm confused how I'm supposed to get the cords through the screen without disrupting it and making it a precarious fit. How do YOU do it?

efa302910841154c8daed8120f98be92.jpg

Here's how I did mine. I just cut little rectangles through the screen to fit everything. The screen fit doesn't have to be perfect for axolotls :)

So hi all!! I'm putting together my tank for our new axolotl babies, and I know a screen cover is required due to possible jumping/etc. I've found a decent internal filter, and figure I'll throw an air stone in there (since some people's like them, other's done and see how they do with it), but I'm confused how I'm supposed to get the cords through the screen without disrupting it and making it a precarious fit. How do YOU do it?

I'm a x electrician so I might do what other people wouldn't. I would cut wire/cord in a spot where it wouldn't be seen and feed wire through screen cover. You might still have to cut some of the screen cover, I did to fit airline through it.

Attachments

• 1482525381334-1075988294.jpg
    1482525381334-1075988294.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 14825254288111938934281.jpg
    14825254288111938934281.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 112
You can also put some foam or sponge around inside the hole to block it off.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back