Update

onyx2011

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tabi passed away while I was out today. His water, temperature, etc was good, a friend and I narrowed it down to parasites or some other internal problem. I know there's not anything I could have done to fix things, but I still feel awful, and worse because he was so young.

How do you guys deal with losing an axolotl before their time? I'm struggling to deal with this. I've raised animals, so of course I've dealt with death, but lately I've been in a bad mental place regarding death. I didnt think I could care so much for an aquatic creature after a relatively short amount of time. It's a weird feeling...

Merry Christmas, hope your holidays are going better than mine!

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss!!
I get it - I'd be heart broken if Stelly died! They are adorable little critters and have lots of personality.
I hope you can still have a Merry Christmas. :)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I lost my girl just a week or so ago (losing track of time so devastated).
Everyone experiences grief differently, but what helped me is that I called around and was able to adopt an axi that was in need.
It's almost like she brought me to him.
It is a very strange feeling. Despite it all, have a Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back