Pellets

Stevieleigh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wanting to start my axolotl on pellets (already feed them earthworms wanting to mix it up a bit for them) anyone used the tropical pellets before? Are they the best? Image attached of the tub :) thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 157
I have used these pellets. I fed them to my gang when they were younger, along with bloodworms, and they ate them happily. Now that they are all grown up, and their diet is mainly earthworms, they are not interested in the pellets, so sometimes I hide the pellets in defrosted prawns to add a bit of variety to their diet.
I don't know if these pellets are the best, I'm not an expert on axolotl nutrition and just go with what information I've got from this forum, and the various articles available on several associated sites, but my gang ate those pellets. Or, as you can see from the pictures, Chunky Monkey spent more time walking through them and smearing them on his face rather than eating them.
Axolotls - Feeding
Caudata Culture Axolotl Articles

Attachments

• 1464337983064.jpg
    1464337983064.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 2016-05-27 09.35.01.jpg
    2016-05-27 09.35.01.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 154
Thank for the reply Donna. I love the pics, made me laugh!
Mine are going to stay on earthworms I just wanted variety, nice to know another owner has used them and they like them so I'll give them a go ☺

Has anyone tried to make their own pellets? I'm trying to find a recipe to attempt to make my own.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back