Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Introducing myself

Herpin Man

Reaction score
I'm Greg K from Red Wing, Minnesota. I have been obsessed with amphibians and reptiles for my entire life, and with the exception of two or three years in my late teens, I have been keeping them continuously since 1976. My collection has expanded and contracted several times since then, and I have worked with some very interesting species, many of which I wish I still had. I currently work with a modest number of herp species, limited by the usual constraints of time and space. For me, herps are a hobby, not an "industry". I am always interested in learning new techniques for housing and breeding them.
I also enjoy field herping and photography. There are very few things that I'd rather be doing at any given time, than off someplace chasing amphibians and reptiles. Unfortunately, herping season in my area is only about seven months long.
At this time, I only have a few caudates. I may add a few more, as I rearrange my herp room. My primary interest is Minnesota natives. Searching for them usually involves dealing with great hordes of bloodthirsty mosquitoes- but flipping a rotten log and seeing bright blue or yellow spots, or a bright red stripe, makes it worthwhile.

Cloppy

Reaction score
I completely agree with the satisfaction of Field Herping. And Welcome to the forum!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!