Introducing Myself and Looking For Info About Pleurodeles Waltl (Spanish Ribbed Newt)

Hail0594

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All!
My name is Hail and I have recently come into the amazing world of caring for a single Pleurodeles Waltl. This is the first Newt I've cared for and there's not an awful lot of information regarding these awesome creatures so I am hoping to connect with others who have cared for or are still caring for these guys. I bought mine 6 months ago when it was 3 months old from a local mom and pop pet store. However, recently there was a ban for these guys being transported over states unless you already currently owned them prior to ban. Does anybody know where I can get another Pleurodeles Waltl? I believe mine is a female and I am looking for a male.

Attachments

• IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 189
It won't be easy. You will have to hope to find eggs for sale.Or, once you have been a member for a while, you can advertise yourself. Read the ad guidelines first, please. Good luck.

Welcome to the Forum! Hope you find your female!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back