Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How to make Barred Salamander larvae metamorph sooner?

Jaxl

Reaction score
I'm aware that salamanders tend to take their time when it comes to changing into a terrestrial salamander, but I'm wondering if there are any ways I could make that happen sooner.

Thanks! ?

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would you want to do that? It's not good for them. There is a method for making axies morph but it shortens their life span.

Last edited:

Jaxl

Reaction score
I'm a noob ? I'll just wait till he is ready

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Their are ways to force them. It stresses the animal and could cause permanent damage or death. I got some tiger salamanders that were forced to metamorphose without my knowledge. They had gill stub problems, fungus problems, and I lost some. I was not a happy camper.

Cloppy

Reaction score
If you wanted it to morph naturally, in the wild they seem to morph sooner with higher temperatures. I would NEVER suggest artificially morphing any salamander, because it dramatically shortens their lifespan and they can get very stressed very easily.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!