Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help!!! Trouble feeding Marbled Salamander

Marbled Sal1249

Reaction score
Okay so what should you feed a marbled salamander? I feed it super worms and it seems to be doing fine but it's there anything more nutritious. Also when should you feed them at night or day?

Cloppy

Reaction score
It does not really matter so much when you feed them. But I would do it at night when they are foraging for food. The best diet for them in my opinion is an assortment of flies and earthworms. Superworms are high in fat, and that is why I would rather feed earthworms, because earthworms are much more nutritious than superworms.

Cloppy

Reaction score
It depends on how big the salamander is. if you have one under 3 inches I would give him a good sized worm twice a week. If he were above that size, I might give him 3 worms a week.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1