Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi!

Cloppy

Reaction score
So I have been joined for a little while. but have not formally introduced myself to the forum. I have kept over 40 different amphibians over time. And I am about to get back into the hobby when onetwentysix ships my marbled salamander to me. :)

Cloppy

Reaction score
Careful now, I said amphibians, not species. But I have kept about 20 Two lined salamanders (Eurycea cirrigera) larvae and adults. I also have kept 4 Amerian Toads, 5 Cuban Treefrogs,3 Northern slimy salamanders, 2 redback salamanders, and countless tadpoles.

Jazzy says yarr

Reaction score
you know, i was thinking about that right after i posted? literally "oh.. he said amphibians,.. >.>"

Thats a nice mix to have had, though. Do you do any outdoor enclosures for some, or all indoor? Apart from the ones that need very specific conditions, of course.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1