Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: API Quick Start?

Brasfieldb

Reaction score
I was adding everything I need for axies in my Petco wishlist when I came across API Quicm Start. It supposedly instantly cycles the water. Is this safe? Can I use this? Any experience with it?

Attachments

• IMG_0580.PNG
    IMG_0580.PNG
    460.2 KB · Views: 328

Jazzy says yarr

Reaction score
I use it in my tank with water changes. Its helped speed up the cycling process, but it doesnt substitute for a completely cycled tank. Its mostly for helping establish a benificial bacteria colony, and replacing what you may loose with massive water changes.

I would recommed it, just dont expect it to work miracles :)

Biev

Reaction score
It's not that fast, and definitely not instant. Personally I've used quick start, stability and tetra safe start, and I've found that tetra safe start was the only one that sped up the cycle considerably. But the absolute fastest method to cycle a tank is to use filter media from an already established tank.

Regardless of which method you choose, you will need a source of ammonia to get the cycle going, and your water won't be safe for animals until you get a nitrate reading, but no ammonia or nitrites. Hope this helps!

Brasfieldb

Reaction score
Thanks y'all! Big help!
After posting I actually decided that I would rather do a long full cycle and give plants time to grow before introducing the axie!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!