Not sure as the box said wild and they don't look wild.

Xena8Maximus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Lovely Lotls
Maximus the Great

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 331
When the pet store here had Maximus shipped in it said on the box wilds as there were two axolotls shipped :) Does he look like a wild Axolotl to you? I asked for melanoids and paid $120.00 for 2. Which seems like a lot for 2 wild axolotls.

This picture is actually of Xena but she looks the same as Maximus. I can only tell in the picture it's her because when I got them He had a small hole on the top part of his tail and She had one at the bottom as you can see in this picture.

Last edited:
Depending on shipping method and sexes that is not an outrageous price for two adult axolotls shipped. Some melanoids do have spots. I really can't tell from the picture if they are wild type or melanoid. To avoid confusion I usually send animals with little pattern when I sell melanoids. If you purchased two adult melanoids from me the shipped price would be higher than what you paid.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back