Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: I can't tell if my axolotl is sick or not.

Vithush

Reaction score
I this little guy or girl idk from a guy who had him in .5 gallon tank. He currently live in my plant tank I'm going to move him to his own 20 gallon by August. I just can't tell if he is ok or not can someone help me out? I've never had anything like this before.
ad0f014293d34246155e3669ff5e6c52.jpg
5ee710f873ef170c604deb06d073a3d4.jpg
aef3fa8353809ca068ff421491669325.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RusieckiR

Reaction score
He looks fine to me but make sure fish dont nip on his gills. They like cold water so a tropical aquarium is not good for them(I dont know what fish you have or your water temp) Go to axolotl.org and read the intro, housing, and feeding sections. Good luck!

Vithush

Reaction score
He looks fine to me but make sure fish dont nip on his gills. They like cold water so a tropical aquarium is not good for them(I dont know what fish you have or your water temp) Go to axolotl.org and read the intro, housing, and feeding sections. Good luck!
I don't have any fish just snails and tank is roughly 70 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Cloppy

Reaction score
You could buy a chiller, but that is way too expensive for some people. The method cheapos like me use is to keep a water bottle with ice cubes in it floating in the tank at all times. Or, if you have one, you could put the tank in your basement.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!