Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Eight gills

Tarabull

Reaction score
One of the babies that I hatched and have been raising has 8 beautiful gills. I love to watch them grow and change. This one I think will be even more beautiful as it gets bigger. :happy:

Attachments

• IMAG0350.jpg
    IMAG0350.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 429
  • IMAG0353.jpg
    IMAG0353.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 315

Tarabull

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I will keep it or not. They are fun to raise but I'm at that stage where I'm ready for them to find homes. I may keep one. I don't have the space for more than one more adult. They are already using my spare tank I keep for just in case matters. I will be posting the babies on here if they don't all get homes with people from my area.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1