Help! Fungus on my Filter!

LightningCloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys. In my new axie tank, there seems to be a abundance of fungus growing on the filter, kinda like the kind you see on the ground outside. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and any way to solve this. Thank you!

No, it doesn't seem to be a type of algae, it's really white and furry and is extremely hard to scrub off. It also keeps growing back, sorry I don't have a picture.

You should probably do more cleaning and water changes to your tank, because that is usually what causes fungus. If that does not work, then you should check your water parameters and see how much nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia you have in your tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back