Hello from leduc, Alberta!

Hellcat73

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Gizmo And Gang!
Hi all! Well where to start without being long winded...might do some seperate postings..I got into Axo's after meeting a Betta Breeder,and he also bred Axo's..so cute! So after much discussion I ended up helping him sell some various aged babies I got 16 and lined up the tubs and well...got fully imersed in them! Cj gave me a very pretty dirty luguisic(sp) a older one which I named Falcor...and I kept a GFP Melaniod male as well...sold all the babies to good homes..well my good friend had 2 of the babies and one fell very ILL so sick in fact me and Cj didnt even know if it would make it! He was my favorite baby and I convinced her to give him back to me...it was a hard long road..spent all day sitting trying to force food into him..he was so weak! Well needless to say hes fully recoverd now after a few months and I decided to give my GFP Melaniod back to CJ for his breeding tank..and keep the sickly one..I named him Atreyu..lol well a month ago he was large enough to add to my 75 gal tank with Falcor..and well...Falcor turns out to be a girl!!!!! Yeppers she laid a huge very fertile batch on March 31!!! I have a knack for animals as u can tell so I have the eggs in a good set up and Im going to practice hatching BBS ,so I dont mess up...now I also forgot to add I also aquired my friends very cool white GFP back as well...hes a bit lggy n thin so he has some growing to do!!! Well thats it..I will post pics in the appropriate areas once i figure out this site.lol

Ty,the eggs are already hatching ....10 days! 39 so far! I have great support..so I am not worried....I have a knck with animals...:kiss:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back