Question: New tank ideas

Vithush

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey everyone.
So in a previous post I explain the situation in which my amazing axolotl came to my tank. Originally my thank was only supposed to be plants. The tank is only a 5.5 gal and I'm upgrading to a 30 gal long. Does anyone have any suggestions on the dimensions and set up tips to ensure my little guy is happy. Any advise would be helpful I'm still new at this. The pictures below are now vs when I first got him from the previous owner who kept him in a 1.5 gallon. Unfortunately his tail is permanently crooked at the tip.
5523d7e771a4d92229f9a2b9a7539659.jpg
e264faf34094a6db1af6c521dbe27408.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It's a good thing that you're upgrading your tank size, because 5.5 gallons is not enough room for your axie lol. But anyway, It's good to have a lot of plants, axies love them :) but it's also very important to give them hiding spots and such, just for they're personal security :) Also, I noticed that you have a blacklight on over your tank, which is fine, but definitely don't have it on any longer than 15 minutes at a time. Hope I could help :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back