Freeze dried earth worms

Amyglistens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if anyone has used freeze dried earth worth. My juveniles are getting to the point where chopped up earth worth is the next step but I can't quite bring myself to do it. So was thinking chopped up freeze dried earth worm until they're big enough to take live ones?

No - freeze crying destroys most of the nutrients in worms - or anything else for that matter. You can get small worms from most good suppliers - yorkshire worms or worms direct both do them.

Have you tried black worms? I'm not sure if you can get them, or have a similar kind of food you can get in your area of the world. I switched mine over to them. I should have done it sooner too. There is a lot less of a mess to clean everyday, and the worms that aren't eaten will live in the water to become snacks later on. Also, it gives you a little more time before you need to mince worms.

P.S. Look up the care of the worms. I thought I was storing them just fine, but all of them died within a day. My second batch has been thriving. That is until they meet the juveniles.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back