Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Is my axie sick??

Lilyy

Reaction score
Heya guys,
I noticed my axie was having a bit of a curved/kinked tail. His gills are perfectly fine, looking not curled forward at all.
I decided to do a water change and hope if that helps!

I feed him some frozen whole fish, chopped into bite sized pieces every second day, and he has fine sand as a substrate.

I will attach some photo examples of his tail.
Hope everything is fine and I'm just being an overprotective mother :eek::eek:

Attachments

• IMG_9742.jpg
    IMG_9742.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_9743.jpg
    IMG_9743.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_9744.jpg
    IMG_9744.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_9745.jpg
    IMG_9745.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 152

tammyaxie

Reaction score
Heya guys,
I noticed my axie was having a bit of a curved/kinked tail. His gills are perfectly fine, looking not curled forward at all.
I decided to do a water change and hope if that helps!

I feed him some frozen whole fish, chopped into bite sized pieces every second day, and he has fine sand as a substrate.

I will attach some photo examples of his tail.
Hope everything is fine and I'm just being an overprotective mother :eek::eek:
He looks perfectly fine to me. :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1