Illness/Sickness: Axolotl biting second axolotl

saaskiakia

Reaction score
Country
Slovak Republic
Hello. I have 2 axolotls. They're in tank 50x30x25..One is named Boni and the second is Igi. I have them one week. They're really little, but i have a big problem with them. Igi is biting Boni. Boni don't have about 2 cm from his tail... I thought that i don't feed them enough, so i started to feed them everyday a little more. But he's still doing that. Please help, it is urgent.
I know that he will regenerate but i am scared, because he's still doing that and Boni is afraid of Igi.

you must seperate them, when they are babies they have cannibalistic qualities. you can buy a tank divider until they get older

And be sure to monitor Boni's tail so that no fungus develops! You can add a catappa leaf/Indian almond leaf to the tank as a precaution. They are anti-bacterial and will strengthen the protective mucus layer! :)

I thought they were too small to give anything to the tank. I have got instructions that only after a half-year can I give there something. So can I?

No problem! Once they are about 6 inches long you can slowly reintroduce them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back