Melanoid or Wildtype?

Rmerrow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and I'm just looking for a little helping in identifying my axie. I have shined a light into his/ her's eyes, and I didn't see anything shiny, but I do see some light speckles on his head. I was told he was a melanoid when I bought him, but I'm starting to believe he is a wildtype. Can anyone here with more experience help me out in identifying him? LED lights were used on him in these pictures to get a better look, I'm not sure if he will look different under another type of lighting. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_7035.jpg
    IMG_7035.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_7031.jpg
    IMG_7031.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_7016.jpg
    IMG_7016.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 376
Anyone? Please, this is driving me crazy trying to tell the difference between the two types. Iridophores are difficult for me to distinguish. I greatly appreciate any help.

It's a melanoid. You can tell because there is no gold ring around its eye.

its a melanoid..if eyes are inky black in normal lights..and no shiney irrophores in the body...your fine..melanoids can have speckling just like a wild but no shiny flecks...a wild has a obvious ring around the pupil to the naked eye

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back