Hello Everyone!

TigerCode

Reaction score
Country
United States
I came across this community awhile back when researching axolotls and finally decided to become a member.

I'm a huge fan of axolotls and been longing to get one for months. I just don't have the tank space for one yet. I'm from Wisconsin, and aquatic pets aren't too common around here except for your classic goldfish bowl (ugh).

I love aquatic animals. I currently have a 20g community tank, a 15g where I'm raising some molly fry, and a small tank with some african dwarf frogs.

Anyways, just recently I picked up a 40g breeder from my work (I work at a pet store) for a crazy deal ($35!) which I plan to set up to house maybe 2 or 3 axolotls in the future. I'm looking at a Leucistic, a melanoid, and a golden/copper. GFP would be cool as well.

I haven't done much research on the tank setup because I won't be setting it up for months, but I most likely will do sand, live plants (Amazon Swords because I have a bunch of buds from my fish tank), and LOTS of driftwood for hiding spots. I might throw in some pots too because I heard axolotls like that.

Anyways, I'm hope I can be a good addition to the community. I'll try to stick around as I acquire pieces for my tank and I'll update as I put it together.

Hello! I am actress. I live in Washington, USA, and am here to learn about and hopefully get an axolotl.

There is tons of info on axies here.

Yeah, I've been getting a ton of information from here. I spent all morning researching plants that will provide a lot of cover. Pretty much everything on my list was recommended by someone here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back