Hello! :)

7Seven7sLotls

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
7Seven&=7
Hi Everyone!! Glad to finally be able to post a hello! I've been stalking & liking posts for awhile now;)

My name is Tara <Seven>. I LOVE animals, especially, "wildlife".
I am a divorced mom - I have 4 "human" kids - (21g (college), 20g (college), 17&1/2b (graduated hs in May) - lives with his father in VT, 15&1/2g (10th gr in Sept) - (lives with my parents). All 3 daughters are currently here at the moment though :O lol very full house!

I have lots of "stuff" ... lol! I am a NYS licensed wildlife rehabilitator & also enjoy doing wildlife education presentation type things. I attended a college program & got an AAS (associates in applied science), so I COULD have sat for the NY state vet tech board licensing, but even though I graduated my program & made the deans list 2x, i didn't feel i know enough to pass the exam. So, I have not worked as a licensed tech. And, to be honest, when I was doing my clinicals, I didn't like the way the vet offices i went to were run. So, I didn't.

Currently my "pets" are:

1 axolotl (Thad ... my youngest named it, lol, we don't know if it's a "he" or a "she" yet. LOL) almost 4mos old.

1 APBT ("pit bull" - i think he could be mixed w/American bulldog). He's about 5 & 1/2. I will have had him for 1 yr in Aug. I love him bunches. He has territorial issues, but he's a good boy overall :)

1 hedgehog, Soniic (he was my youngest daughter's). He's around 2 & 1/2 (Feb 2015) and have had him since he was about 8wks old. Though, i have thought of looking for a home for him.

a yellow belly slider (had i think since Sum 2014)

a snapping turtle (had since an egg - June 2013)

a mud turtle (had since Aug 2010)

1 chaco golden knee (Boris)

7 chilean roses

40g fish tank with 4 angels, cichlid & a catfish (actually selling - well 3 angels & a cichlid I'm selling - I'm keeping one & the catfish ... the catfish is my fav catfish <3 lol)

in addition: my oldest daughter & my daughter's 2 cats live with us (for now) (they are both neutered males & are around 5-6yrs old). my 2nd daughter has a betta & an axolotl.

In addition, I have a juvenile flying squirrel that is going to be released Tues, so he won't be with us much longer ;)

We have hatched Eastern newt eggs before (red efts are SO cute!!). We've hatched snapping turtle eggs. We've hatched tree frog eggs. LOL

I LOVE gray tree frogs (Hyla versicolor)! I've had several in the past & really look forward to have more in the future!

Welcome Tara!

Wow, that's cool, and a lot of work. I had a hedgehog before I got ferrets.

Yes, lots of work;) LOL The spiders not so much ... but everything else is. LOL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back