Question: Please help! Canister filter won't flow

cody116

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I don't know if im incorrectly priming the filter or what is happening, but the only way I can get water to flow is into a bucket under tank level (near the ground). Once I lift the output back into the tank, it no longer flows.
Is my tank sitting too high for the canister filter to work? I feel like it should have enough power to flow water up the tube.

This is my first canister filter, so im sure im doing something wrong.

Please help!

EDIT: I also just lifted the filter closer to the bottom of the tank, hoping it would help. No dice. Still no water flow!

i had a canister filter and found out i never worked for my tank , i know it sucks but if it won't work the best thing is to buy a new one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back