Illness/Sickness: Axolotl leg

gengar

Reaction score
Country
England
About 9 months ago, one of my Axolotls took a whole leg off my female. It's grown back but seems to be plastered to her side and she doesn't use it. I've seen her use it before but not often...
Is this normal? What should I do?
Thanks...

I forgot to post a photo, but here it is.

Attachments

• IMG_20170715_130146157.jpg
    IMG_20170715_130146157.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 131
There's really nothing you can do . If you axie is swimming and existing and eating OK, I think you just live with it. It may improve through time.

There's really nothing you can do . If you axie is swimming and existing and eating OK, I think you just live with it. It may improve through time.

I see :-( she kinda swims, but seems like she finds it difficult :-( she eats fine and does move around, although with a bit of difficulty it seems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back