Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Water question

remiliuh

Reaction score
Hi there! im a relatively new axolotl owner, i got my first one 2 months ago. he's doing great so far! i clean his tank at least once a week with a siphon and then refill the tank with filtered water that you can get at some grocery stores (you fill the big plastic jugs with it). usually we get demineralized (with no chlorine or anything) but recently my mom got spring water which does have some minerals in it. I know that axolotls are sensitive to metals, so i was wondering if spring water is ok to put in the tank?

pearsonsj1

Reaction score
Im not sure if it is ok or not but I would try and find some ro water to put in your tank! I heard that works very well!

Biev

Reaction score
Axolotls prefer hard water, which means the spring water will be better for him than demineralized.

carsmiku

Reaction score
just use tap and prime. i change 5 gallons every 2 day for the past year with no problem. i also breed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!