Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Still a ban on firebelly newts? I want to sell 30.

Kellyf33

Reaction score
Hello, I have 30 firebelly newts that I am looking to sell. There was a pet store in my area that was interested in buying them from me to sell in their store but she mentioned that there still might be a ban on selling them. She was going to make some calls to find out. I have tried to check with fish and wildlife but have gotten no real answer. Is the ban still in place?

Long story short, I had gotten 2 firebelly newts from a pet store when I was in the 4th grade and about 3 years ago they reproduced and at one point I had 80 babies. The adults were 18 years old at the time they reproduced. I have cared for the babies since the beginning and it's been a lot of work and a lot of fun too! However, I am at a point in my life now where I am moving and need to sell them.

I'm looking to either sell them to this store or to anyone close to the Massachusetts area as I am not willing to ship them because I have no experience doing such.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Also, if anyone can update me on the ban that would be great as well.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually importing newts from other countries is still banned, but you can legally ship over state lines again now. :)

Cheshiresbreak

Reaction score
It's so unfortunate you're not willing to ship, I live in Tennessee and haven't had much luck trying to find any fire belly newts around here! I see this post has been here a couple of weeks but if you've not had much luck finding someone to sell to and would be willing to try shipping please let me know :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!