SeaChem Clarity???

leahhhpage

Reaction score
Country
United States
HI! I have had my axies 20 gallon long tank for 3 months now and the tank hasnt seen clear water EVER, the water is a smoky white color (bacterial bloom)! The parameters are really good, considering im new at this (ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-always between 5-10ppm, ph- 7.6) I have tried everything under the sun to clear this tank from water changes daily to cleaning filters and substrate, before you ask, yes i cleaned everything with old tank water NOT TAP WATER. I use SeaCHem Prime for my dechlorinator (the only chemical i add) and have a Fluval Aquaclear 30 which I just added a piece of a polishing pad into which did not work. The only thing I haven't tried is adding a clarifier..... there are great reviews and its becoming tempting...any suggestions????

(The water changes were 10-15% and i did them daily for about a half of a month and then stuck to water changes weekly so I could just let the bloom run its course, it didnt work!!)

(I test the water daily and use the API freshwater master test kit)

I've used seachem clarity on my other fish tank and it didn't clear up the cloudiness I had, but I have never tried it on my axolotl tank! I have used substrate in one of my tanks before and every time I tried to wash it' it would not run clear and my tank water would stay cloudy. I would try taking the substrate out and leaving it bare bottom for a few days to see if it clears up.

Hope this helps!
Stephen

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back