Question: Peninsula Newt breeding information HELP?

23matt3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently acquired 8 Peninsula Newts. I'm looking to breeding them so I am looking for info or experience with breeding Peninsula Newts. I also can't seem to find much information in general online about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I first had to Google the name Peninsula newt as this was not a name I was familiar with. Once I found it other names it became a little easier to find more information :D

First I would have a good read of this :- https://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Notophthalmus/N_viridescens.shtml

Then I would look in the section further down the main page title North American newts and read all I can there. There are lots of threads on how to keep them, breed them and raise the larvae. Don't just look at the first page...look way back as well :)
Species, Genus & Family Discussions - North American Newts (<i>Notophthalmus</i> & <i>Taricha</i>) at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal

Now you'll also need to show us some photo's of your new group :happy:

This is their set up. 55 gallon
43b1d8fcf2ec0c5c4ac9c2d5954f58de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back