Can tank be used

ElaineCheeko104

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Elaine
I was given a used 40 gallon aquarium with egg crate bottom. This aquarium was used for saltwater fish.
My question is can I use this tank and egg crate bottom for a salamander and how do I disinfect everything?

What do you mean by an egg crate bottom? I would assume it could be washed well with hot water and then disinfected with vinegar. Then as a precaution you could rinse it well again with hot water and add a couple of drops of Prime or something similar, let it dry completely, and then use it. That's what I do when I want to seriously clean something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back