Question: Substrate / Eating time

JayD3vo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've used dirt for awhile, and they seem to be fine. But should I really use substrate, Originally I was gonna use dirt temp but they seemed to do fine but is it better for their health for substrate anyways

Also, I have needed to figure out a good eating pattern for my salamanders. Anyone have a suggestion?: confused:

I have 2 tiger salamanders as a juvenile |

I don't handle them often but here is one

((I have done as much research as I can into them before I got them, but there isn't a lot of places to, Unlike how I know almost every single thing about birds it was hard to find things about salamanders))

Attachments

• DNj36utXkAAjvSe.jpg
    DNj36utXkAAjvSe.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 156
The substrate will normally not do the salamander any harm, I like to use substrate because it makes the tank look naturalistic. So I would definitely use substrate providing it is of a reasonable price.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back