Posting again....please any advice sick axie!!!!

Suzzin1972

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am looking for any advice to help my axolotl, Angel. We have had our 2 axolotls, angel and delight, for about 5 years now. They used to live happily together until about a year ago when angel would constantly attack delight so we now have a tank divider. Anyway ....last week angel managed to get through the divider and attack poor delight, biting off most of his front leg..clean right off! Since then she has been bloated and just getting worse. (Think she may have his leg stuck??!!) She has been floating upside down for nearly a week now...i have her in the fridge just now (been there for 3 days) but no improvement.**feel so sorry for her..she just cant seem to get herself the right way up. I dont know what to do if fridging doesnt help! Any ideas anyone??

Please any ideas anyone??? Still in fridge and no change ? is there anything else i can do if fridging not helping???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back