Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tips and guidance on selling axolotls??

Ramennewtlsss

Reaction score
Hello! this is my first post

so ive been raising about 230 baby axolotls for about a month now and theyre all roughly about 2 and a half inches long. the babies are bred from a wildtype mother and gfp leucistic father, and their color morphs turned out to be wildtype, golden albino, white albino (maybe a few leucistics?) and melanoids of every mentioned color morph, as well as some that are gfp.

so for those that sell... have any tips?

this is my first ever clutch and it wasn't planned! so im wondering how you guys that breed and sell axolotls sell them and distribute them. i've looked into and written down some local pet stores and ive told everybody that they're welcome to tell their friends if theyre interested.
any tips on shipping them as well?
and as far as i know they sell for usually around 15 US dollars? ive seen some for sale for way more though, but i know the price also depends on the color morph.

if you could answer any of my questions it would be GREATLY appreciated! :D thanks!

Liba

Reaction score
Oh, I can't wait to hear some suggestions, i'm in the same situation here in London - only with 30 axolotls, but really hope they can go to new homes soon. Good luck Ramen. L.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!