Donations Update, regarding upgrades

J

john

Thank you to the recent donors. I apologise for the delay in acknowledging your donations in the donor list and via email. I will clear the backlog shortly.

Currently we have enough money to renew the current hosting plan for Caudata.org. Caudata.org's paypal balance stands at approximately US $300. However, I would prefer to upgrade the server's plan when the subscription comes up for renewal in a week or so's time. This means I would need to receive another $240 within the next 10 days. Optimally, I would favour upgrading the server to a plan which costs $950 per year. I don't think the latter is likely, given the current rate of donations.

I would like to make it clear to everyone that the Caudata.org server exists solely for the benefit of the people using it. I've even gone so far as to remove my personal website and email from the server (it now resides on my own personal web server, which also hosts the axolotl site @ http://www.axolotl.org). I had to remove the axolotl site over 18 months ago to make room on the caudata.org server for the gargantuan size of the forum (which now stands at approximately 1600 megabytes).

Caudata.org is funded by you guys and girls, and what you put into it matters more than anything else.

I can probably spare some more money. I just lost a really expensive eBay auction so I can give some more.

Everybody should pitch in.

i would hep, but i just bought a snow machine
account status - wiped
crazy.gif

Hi John. I know you needed $240 more dollars. If you get a chance, can you give us an update on how much you still need?

OK here's an update. I've gotten such a good response (thanks to Paris and others) in the last few days that we've passed the $540 needed for the minor upgrade. However, if we can come up with another $300 I can get the dedicated server plan. This was my original goal. The renewal day is actually Sunday April 30th 2006 (I got my days a little wrong). So I'll make up my mind how we proceed between now and then. If I was certain we'd receive a decent amount of donations in the next few weeks, I would go ahead with the dedicated plan. If the donations don't meet the fees for the renewal of that plan in 2007, I have the option of downgrading, so it's a win/win situation.

Thoughts (and more donations) please!

I think the more expensive plan would be better. This site has helped me a lot through the years.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back