Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chat Room!!

J

john

If anyone is up for it, there is now a chat room, here:

http://www.caudata.org/chat/

It's pretty rudimentary but it works. You'll have to create an account there before you can use it though (just click register on the cover page). Comments/questions?

J

john

Well that chat room is just a stop-gap measure until I can find one I/we like.

mike

Reaction score
Great idea, but the software is flaky - wouldn't accept my comments (IE6/Mac OS X).

K

kaysie

mike, i saw them....

but the problem is, no one's ever in there when i go in there
sad.gif

we need to set up times when it would be convenient for all of us to get together.

J

john

I'm in there for a while right now if anyone wishes to talk (it's nearly 11pm BST, midnight CET or 6pm EST).

R

ralf

Meerkat63, your messages in the chat room are registering. You just have to change your font colour with the slide-bar on the lower right (so they become visible against the dark background).

Ralf

J

john

I hope you all like the easier access to the chat room. I also hope you like the fact that you can see who's in the chat room without logging in yourself - you can see the info in the green menu bar at the top of the forums (it refreshes every 30 seconds) or in the menu bar on the left hand side of the main Caudata.org site.

Talk to you soon.

L

luis

I find it imposible to get into the chat room.It keeps on telling me to register even though I do over and over infact.Is it me,what am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Luis

B

beckie

neone else noticed the annoying occurence that when the page refreshes (i think its to show the chat room numbers) and ur typing a post, you have to re-click to get the cursor back? i've re-clicked 5 times allready just for this post! hmmmm...i wonder if its just me or if anything can be done about it...

J

john

I'm listening: there's now a link to turn off the refresh in the top bar.

S

skye

The chat room works fine for me. Just theres hardly anyone in there. But i guess the time difference can be hard (i live in aus). I have had some good conversations in there though ^^ Good idea John!
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1