The "Other Amphibian" Topics

J

john

I've just spent the last 2 hours re-organising the Anura and Gymnophiona sections (mainly Anura). Comments welcome. Thanks to Philipp for inspiring me!

Well, I like it!
smile.gif

However, I think 13 topics may be too many (and Ranidae appears twice). I'd tend to reduce it to 10 topics:

General Discussion and Identification
Photo Gallery
Bombinatoridae: Fire-bellied toads
Bufonidae: True Toads
Dendrobatids: Poison Arrow/Dart Frogs
Leptodactylidae: Pacman Frogs, Horned Frogs, Budgett's Frogs, etc
Madagascar Frogs: Mantellas, Tomato Frogs, etc
Pipidae: African Clawed Toads, Surinam Toads and Dwarf Aquatic Frogs
Ranidae: True Frogs
Other Anurans

I'd reduce it to 2 topics:
Frogs: Love them
Frogs: Hate them
There's plenty of frog sites around and every where I go I run into frogs. It seems like most of the shows in the States have thousands of frogs and maybe one half dead tiger sal. Until frogs grow a tail, I'm not interested
smile9.gif

Alan: Good points (and thanks for spotting my mistake). I'll make some changes.

Dave: Don't go postal on us...

I've made all of Alan's requested adjustments except that I have left Tree Frogs as a topic.

I agree with Dave here, there are already more than enough frog sites, and www.caecilian.org covers caecilians just fine.

Curious to hear what everyone else thinks...and I'm not going postal either
biggrin.gif

Mutiny is such an ugly word. And postal can also be a good thing.
biggrin.gif
smile9.gif
violent.gif

I've put the other amphib topics down the bottom of the main topics page and the search order for new messages. I've also colour coded the topic names so you won't mix them up with newt ones. How am I doing?

<font color="ff6000">Great job John. I do love orange. Well, I hope people could help me on mantellas as I am not an expert at all. Lets see how I manage my new mantellas expectata juveniles. I will post some pics of my two mantellas setups.
Greetings </font>

Good point Ed, but my feeling is that there should not be too many topics. Tailed frogs must surely be rare enough to be "Other Anurans".

John, I would just leave it as it is now, let some time pass and look where items are posted. Then within a certain amount of time reduce the sections where nothing has been posted ...if later used they can use the topic 'other'...
Do you ever sleep ?

Tailed frogs (Ascaphus truei)? Let me think about that for a minute. Oops, times up, not interested
happy.gif
Perhaps a baby flying squirrel area, they have tails, can be hand fed, and can live in a totally aquatic environment (for a very short time before they drown)

I believe Ed was being sarcastic. I hope Ed was being sarcastic...

i like what you've done with the area John. the other amphibians area does not harm!!! if you don't agree with it don't post in it!

Well Dave did post that he wasn't interested in anurans until they grew tails and lo and behold one species had anticipated him and grew a tail waiting for this moment to attempt to seduce Dave into caring about a different type of amphibian.... Its a miracle all right....

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back