Email notification disabled

J

john

Unfortunately I have to disable email notification for the time being. I'm not happy about it but for the moment it's necessary. Anyone who tried to access the server in the last 40 minutes will no doubt be aware that it wasn't working and I'm 99% certain this was due to the email notification (many people receive email notification and that's one email per person per message). Until things are clearer to me (I'm consulting with the ISP again) it'll have to be disabled.

And now the chat room's down. I get a fatal error message when I click on "chatting".

That's because I was tweaking it. Thanks for letting me know though.

Right, I'm having issues with my ISP again so I've had to disable email notification _again_.

I've just been informed by the hosting company that there was a policy change a few months ago so the number of emails sent by all customer servers here has been limited to 50 every 5 minutes. That means that something like 90% of forum notification emails haven't been going through. So all of this trouble over email notification was academic because they weren't allowing all of the emails out any way.

Well the long and the short of it is that email notification has been disabled for the foreseeable future. I apologise for that.

Maybe you could work out a new system of email notification? Like 1 mail/topic instead of 1 mail/answer in a topic. This would mean a drastic decrease in the number of outgoing mails and still everyone would be informed about new replies.

Just a suggestion, don't know if it's a solution or even if it's possible on this forum or for your ISP.

Thanks for the suggestion but it's not possible to configure the forum software that way. Joeri, welcome to Caudata.org by the way
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back