Happy Birthday Caudata.org! (belated)

J

john

Did you know Caudata.org came into being in February 2001? More precisely, February 6th. Thanks to Nate's encouragement I went ahead and bit the bullet to start up the site.

Heather's Caudate Central became part of the site the same year, though CC had been around much longer. I also added my Axolotl site which had been around since 1999 and here we are. The forums came shortly afterwards and in 2003 we added the chat facility.

It sounds straight forward but you know, if the site got a couple of hundred hits a day (hits are when anyone loads a page, as opposed to visitors to a site - i.e. one visitor could make a few hundred hits if they wanted) I was impressed. I kept telling Nate that we could not hope for much more but Nate believed otherwise.

As of February we receive over 1200 unique visitors per day. The number of hits to Caudata.org pages is a scary number that you'd ask someone to count up to only as an exercise in torture.

Why has the site grown so much? Well it's mainly due to the community spirit and the good info, but when it comes down to it all of this comes from you wonderful people, the users, site contributors/volunteers and donors.

Caudata.org and the sites that reside here, the forums and the chat have enriched my own hobby more than I can measure. I know many of you can say something similar. It's all thanks to you, the users, so may it continue to go from strength to strength.

Happy 3rd Birthday everyone!

Wow, has it been 3 years already?

I'd like to echo John's sentiments, these forums have definitely enriched my hobby and I've met so many great people through them. It's really amazing what can happen when we pool our collective resources.

Happy B-day everyone
smile7.gif

Here's a toast to many more years <clink>!

John, thank you for your diligent efforts, without which none of this would be possible.

I know I have said directly to John so here it is out in the open. Caudata.org began as a worthwhile start to link the caudate people together to share information to the currently impressive site that it is now. I hope for a continued bright future and evolution.
Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back