Chat strobe

G

greg

I just registered and logged into the chat thingie and the screen refreshes every few seconds. I don't read THAT fast and I basically have to pause every half sentence or so and wait for the screen to reload the text. All this made me a bit sea sick.

I logged out for fear I would spew on my screen!

is this "normal"? If'n it is... I won't be chatting.

greg

From: http://www.caudata.org/chat/chat/tutorial_popup.php3?L=english&Ver=L

The Refresh command allows you to adjust the rate at which the posted message are refreshed on your screen. The default rate is currently 5 seconds. To change the rate type "/refresh n" without quotes where n is the time in seconds of the new refresh rate.
For example: /refresh 5
will change the rate to 5 seconds.

The default refresh rate does seem to be a bit short.

I think how disconcerting it is depends upon your browser (and perhaps the operating system too). I've used it on PCs and Mac OSX without issue. Your own milage may vary and if so I am sorry. This chat program isn't what I intend to have for the duration. Hopefully we can replace it before the end of the year.

Alan - you're very helpful - I hadn't noticed the refresh command as a user-settable option.

Someone on the chat pointed it out to me yesterday! I'm sure the chat never used to do this!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back