Call for articles!!!

L

leanne

Hello everyone, John said that there are at present only 3 articles written by members here that are in line for the next caudata.org magazine issue. If there is something about caudates that interests you, that you would like to research, or that you feel you want to share, please write and contribute for this magazine---the first magazine that came out was in 2004 and it was supposed to be a regularly produced issue. It was a really neat effort and I for one would like to see it continue----here is the link for that first magazine, which also contains guidelines for sending in one of your own article: http://www.caudata.org/magazine.shtml There are too many knowledgeable and enthusiastic "caudatists" here NOT to have an online magazine!
proud.gif

I have heard a peep out of no one since this thread was started...

Maybe everyone is too busy?
uhoh.gif
Even so, there are so many scientists and biologists on this forum that there are folks who could dig up some field and journal notes and come up with a fruitful piece without too much effort----this is all a labor of love, and the quality of that first issue really was exciting
proud.gif
and a brilliant idea!

Is there any easy incentive I can give people? Free T-Shirt or something?

I would be happy to post an article or two, but I am neither biologist or scientist
sad.gif
...yet. I am trying to figure something out that I do have credibilty on, but so far I am stumped.

I'm on the same boat as Jeff. I'd love to write an article but don't know what to really write on, or if I'd have the credibility to write an article.

Read Dave Nash's article in the first issue. He isn't a biologist or scientist, and he has only been keeping Triturus for a few years.

i'd also love to do one. i'd do one on how I bred my Ambystoma opacum, only problem is that they didn't...
evil.gif

I'd do one on newts in my area, but i'm not sure if people would want another triturus article after the large amount about that genus last time...

I could do something informal regarding Andrias in Japan if that interests anyone?

Let me know.
What is the time frame for submission?

I'd be very interested, I don't think there is nearly enough up to date cross over information readily available about Andrias.

Time frame: I would like to have enough articles in my hands by the end of December. I suppose if need be this can be flexible.

Erik: Sounds good, thanks.

William: Fire ahead with the vivarium article please.

Leo: I'm running that article you mentioned via the moderators.

Well John, I'm sure that Mark and I could write something about our favorite subject Tylototriton... Something like known variation in the T. asperrimus complex with a literature review and some own observations?

The first magazine is good but i would like to see something about axolotls in the new magazine. Mabey if i do good research i might contribute but i would like some good axolotl keeper to.

Seeing as it's the end of December and I'm just now reading this, I don't suppose there's much I can do to help at this point. I've taken Magazine Writing classes and am a Technical Communication (former Journalism) major. I'd love to write something and help out the magazine, but I really don't have any ideas. I've only been keeping newts for a few months so I don't think I have any specialized knowledge that would be helpful to anyone yet.
sad.gif
If you need any editing done, then maybe I could help you out.

Well I haven't heard anything yet about the magazine. I suppose it will be postponed a few months.

John, I would still like confirmation about the asperrimus article!

I was away for a significant part of January and for the last week I've been sick as a dog (first with a digestive tract virus, and now with an opportunistic flu type thing). This has meant that I haven't sent T-shirts out, haven't responded to recent donors and I haven't responded about the magazine.

I want to publicly thank William Jones for his article about outdoor vivaria.

I've had a few positive communications about articles lately and I think it's very promising.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back