Forum appearance

J

john

I'll be modifying the look of the forum for the next few hours. Don't worry if it looks odd - chances are it won't stay that way.

Is the list of people in chat going to be included in the new style? I'm too lazy to go to the caudata.org main page to see who's in the room.

Benjamin: I want more feedback before I change the type size back. I prefer it at the new size myself. I think the problem is that initially, after using the bigger text, the new one seems a lot smaller than it really is... Give it a try and then let me know.

Shaun - brain hurt now, me take break. ;) Nah, seriously, that's on my list of things to do in the next hour or two. I have one other thing to do first.

Hehe, it looks great John. Much better than before. Only one thing, where's all the chat stuff?
biggrin.gif

If you don't like the font size just hold Control and scroll the wheel on your mouse (if you have a wheel mouse). That should adjust the size in internet explorer.

I like it....Except for maybe the font size...But it aint bad....

Hi John,
I find the text is too small. And on entering I also find the header is too big could do with being slightly smaller,I also find the box at bottom of screen is too big especially if I scroll up the text size.

I like everything except the font size; it's really giving me a headache trying to squint and see it. It might look fine on some monitors/resolutions, but on mine, it's just really small.

I've upped the font size to what it was. I don't like it personally.

Andrew: regarding the frame at the bottom, the header size is somewhat irrelevant since the removal of the top frame because you can scroll it off the screen. There is now a lot less space taken by frames than there was.

I've shrunk the logo at the top of the screen due to another complaint at the size of the top part of the forum. It should now be smaller than the old style with the frame _and_ you can scroll it off the screen.

Yeah i like the look John, Not sure about the chat details at the bottom, but i will have to use it some more i think to say yes or no for sure.

nice work tho!

I wanted it to be more in tune with the rest of the site. I think I've achieved that and retained all of the old elements.

Personally, I prefer the old version - looks "nicer". Why the change?
Can't see who's chatting and the banner is not right:

25328.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back