Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Posting Disabled

J

john

I have disabled posting on the forum for a few hours while I do some security checks and also backup the whole thing to DVD. Please bear with me while I try to get things back together again.

P

paris

yay! did we loose much in the long run-or just the 2 days worth?

sherrisixxx

Reaction score
Thank you so much John. So good it's working again. I don't think my axies would even be alive without the help of this site. Thanks again
happy.gif

J

john

I aim to please. I _think_ I've removed the flaw that allowed them to get in.

M

mark

Well done John! How feasible is a daily incremental back-up? Does the hosting service offer this?

G

gord

Why in the world would someone hack a newt site?? And is there any way to figure out who did the job?

Gord

A

annabelle

Sooo completely pointless. Why mess around with something that is helping so many people? I learned more from this site than from anywhere else. Thank you John.

J

john

Well after the site hack occurred, my wife and I had a chat about what would happen if we lost all the data from the forum. We came to the conclusion that if that did happen and we couldn't restore a backup, then the most important resource would still be here: you guys and gals.

On the subject of backups, downloading a full backup of the site is quite prohibitive - it's about 2Gb per backup and the site's bandwidth for each month is 55Gb (and we top 50Gb nearly every month any how). The site is backed up weekly by the ISP and I've decided to take my own backup once a month now too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!