Non-water fouling way to feed your firebelly

A

a

I have a chinese dwarf fire newt and feed it Earth worms. I don't leave them in a tray for him to eat out and i don't leave them in the bottom. the excess food "fouls" the water I heard. The method I use is simple, cheap and effective. You get a pair of plastic tweezers that don't stay closed instead stay wide open. the ones that are closed the newt will have a harder time to get the food. You take part of a worm, grab the end of iwith the tweezers(it's easier to grab the part that moves less so the newt is more attracted),You then dangle the worm in the water in front of it(just about a 1/2 cm away). You should see the worm eyeing it and getting ready to grab it. If the newt doesn't seem interested try again about a half hour to an hour later. This method doesn't fowl the water, but is a little time consuming. But in the long run it save you the time it takes to clean your tank or filter. This method is great for tanks without filters. I haven't tried it on other species or other foods. report any progress!!!}}}

(Message approved by admin)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back