New Mexico

J

julia

Hi,

in August I will go to New Mexico(Albuquerque) for ten month (to improve my english... so sorry for mistakes ;-) )
I'm very interested to see caudatas in their habitat, which im not accustomed to.

Could you tell me, which newts and salamander are housing there? I know only about tigersals-I keep one at home.

Greetings

Hi Julia, unfortunately (for both of us) New Mexico is not a good place to see salamanders
cry.gif
There are tiger salamanders recorded in every part of New Mexico, but it is not easy to see them. In August, they are underground.

If you like snakes and lizards, these are easier to find. I have a "basement of newts", but this is not exactly a natural habitat
rofl.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back