I think I check the forums more then anyone

D

daniel

Am I the only one that checks the forums like every 10 miniutes to see if someones posted something new? I think I have no life. Oh well

If I'm not working that day, I check it often too.
And in a couple days I'm getting high speed internet, which means I'll probably start reading all the back posts from previous years. I'll certainly look at all the pictures ever posted!
But you know what? there are way worse habits.

I have to admit I go check it quite often too. You are not alone. I don't know if it's the fact we have no life, maybe we are just nosy. When you check this in the next five minutes let me know what you think.
lol.gif

(Message edited by Micki on February 28, 2007)

have you guys though that we do love our pets, and thats why we check it so much

I check every five minutes when I get home I feel like I have no life either. When I am not looking at the forum I am taking care of my newts, salamanders, and frogs.

I read everything that's posted and check every 5 minutes too.

Its like group therapy for newt nerds (my fiancé calls me this often) He just doesn't understand!!

"Newt nerds" now I think I've been called everything. It is somewhere between insulting & absolutely hilarious.
biggrin.gif
The strange part is IT'S TRUE!

My old hobby used to be World of Warcraft ( which I played for almost 2 years ) and I resently talked to a friend I havent talked to in awhile and he asked how World of Warcraft was going, I told him I quit and that my new thing was newts/salamanders. He told me "thats interesting... but just as nerdy". I replied to him "once you get married dude.. you dont care what anybody thinks anymore"

in my opinion World of Warcraft is WAY nerdier then newts

(glad you got away from the WoW, its been steeling people off of all the shoot 'em up games)

I always liked the term "newtgeek" myself. My boyfriend spends his free time on the Jeep forum.
They have an "off-topic" category where the jeepgeeks with no life can shoot the breeze, so to speak. They post all kinds of stuff that they're interested in. Sometimes I wonder whether it might be nice to have that here, because I think it's kind of entertaining to know that 18% of newtnerds, aka newtgeeks, with no life, also like to play World of Warcraft (whatever that is...), or maybe ask silly questions like "What are the names of all your newts?" or do we prefer McDonald's or Wendy's. Just a way of getting to know each other better, since we "talk" a lot anyway, for those that are interested in that, without getting in the way of strictly newt-related postings. Anyone else think so?

Sadly, I have no job or real hobbies besides my newts and sals. I guess i am a newt nerd myself. After every time i do something i find myself checking the forum for new posts, and if there are none i just read the old posts. If i grow tired of that then i proceed to read and reread all of the CC articles....

PS. This mainly applies in the wintertime when i am stuck at home. Besides its a snow day here so ill be frequenting the forum a lot today..*sigh*

(Message edited by richierich on March 02, 2007)

I second Otterwoman - Dawn O. that the forums should have a section that we can talk about things other then just newts/salamanders.

I must agree with Kara it is group therapy. I find the terms "newt nerd" & the latest one to add to my list " newt geek" quite entertaining.
When I read Kara's post yesterday I burst out laughing not from insult but from understanding exactly what she means. Since I have read this thread I have discovered: I a read the forum a lot but am not alone, I care about my pet again not alone, people don't get it because when I first got my newt ( I have never seen one sold around here) people would come in my house and when they seen him swimming around they would stop dead in their tracks and say "What is that?" I would proudly say "My newt". I even had one person OH SO POLITELY say "I wouldn't want one of those in my house". While I was smilely biting my tongue thinking I'm sure as hell happy you don't live in mine.
Anyway, I have no clue what World of Warcraft is.
I prefer McDonalds over Wendys even though I am sure they will both give you gut rot. I also get bored at times when nothing new is posted and also reread the CC and some times I'll look in the archives. If all this makes me a newt geek well it's a new title I can live with. I am done rambling. The next person to check this in the next 5 mins. or so guess what its your turn cause we caught you welcome to the club!

Yeah, Daniel, I was wondering what kind of flies and worms you feed that funny looking little frog in your avatar!

Other topics I was thinking of (the Wendy's vs McDonalds thing was just off the cuff) are:

What do your co-workers/friends think of your newt obsession?

What do you tell people when they ask what a "newt" is?

What are the names of your newts?

How many tanks do you have and what is in each of them?

What are your other pets? (and maybe with pictures; I liked the pictures-of-us thread too)

What got you into newts (which I see someone started!)

Heard any good newt jokes?

How much ($) would it take you to swallow a worm?

My daughter "that funny looking little frog" love her milk, juice, bananas, and Im not sure if she likes them... but the tons of beans we feed her.
I passed Wendys and McDonalds today and went for Arby's instead.
My boss thinks I am crazy for wanting to raise "lizards" as he calls them at work.
Oh and as for swallowing worms... can you say truth or dare!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back