Hello, I'm new here

I

ingmar

Hello everybody,

Well.. let's start to say something about myself: I'm Ingmar, my nickname is Storm, i'm 16 years old and i really like reptiles and amphibians, i live in the netherlands.

I have 2 newts (Pachytriton) for about 4 weeks right now, at 10 december, i got my first one, given by friends, for my birthday, because they know i would like one.. and i had all the info for the cynops orientalis/phyrrogaster.. (because it was selled as an fire-bellied newt.. so.. well you know..) they had bought 2 for me, but one died because the animalshop-owner said that it wasn't nessecary to close the tank... (so 1 escaped and died..
sad.gif
..) So i get 1 newt and the opportunity to go to a reptile/amphibian expo at 12 december.. There i bought my second newt, and they told me my newts were pachytriton brevipes .. but when i came home and i searched the net, i was sure of it that i had no brevipes but labiatus..

Till Harry dresens ( a dutch guy, member of dutch - newt-society.. ) e-mailed me and said that the female i had bought at the expo, wasn't a labiatus, but a recently diiscoverd D phenotype...

So that's the whole story.. sorry for my -not-so-good-english- anyway..

greets

Welcome to the site Ingmar! This is the place to be if your into newts and salamanders!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back