Banded

P

paul

Hi all. Im a good person and all, but im mad because of this... I was on the chat and i was talking about cynops. I allready have wc salamanders (slimy sals) but I want cynops species so i can make profit, im not out to force newts to breed and suffer so i can make money. But the people got mad and started to cuss. That drawled the line. And i asked how to kick someone out... then it happened, icon said... like this, then he kicked me off. i was mad then i said why did u do that? then he sait i was full of ^&*%. then i said i dont care what u think of me and i said so banish me u bad person. he did , so mow i cant get on chat. how do u get back on chat ?

Your post isn't very clear. Maybe you were banned for your lack of maturity?

People here have very strong feelings about breeding for money. While I am personally not against breeding for the almighty $, you need to respect others who are. I get the feeling that maybe you didn't.

Um, also, if you feel you were BANNED (banded), then that is something you need to take up with an administrator/moderator, not the general public. You also did invite him to kick you off the board.

How old are you? I'm sorry I've got to ask. Your typing is atrocious, your grammar.... well it needs help. If you are as young as I think you are, maybe you need to rethink the breeding for money situation. And if you aren't as young as I think, then maybe some more education is option. This board does have a spell check.

Sharon

Hey Sharon, im 12, i didnt invite him i was saying if u dont like what i do u should band me but i didnt want to be banded.

"If [yo]u dont like what i do[,] [yo]u should ban[d] me" is definately an invite to get your butt booted.

Breeding animals strictly for profit has some moral issues, but we won't get into those here.

also, is it just me or does the statement "I want cynops species so i can make profit, im not out to force newts to breed and suffer so i can make money." sound contradictory to anyone else?

Um, yes, (to the contradictory statement) and why is a 12 yr old wandering around on the internet with no adult supervision?

I'm sorry honey, but you just aren't mature enough to bandy words with adults or older teens.

I'm glad you are here looking for answers and help, but I really think you should understand that aren't many adults who are going to go out of their way to help a 12 yr old child breed a quantity of animals for profit without being on hand to monitor the situation.

If any of my kids were interested in an animal to breed you can be sure we would thoroughly investigate the situation and ultimately I, me, the adult, the parent am responsible and would say so to any one who was in the position to help us out in purchasing the theoretical animals.

Good luck,
Sharon

I was witness to the banning last night and Icon played it fair and square...

NOT ALL KIDS ARE STUPID. Im 12 so what I own a 50 gallon salt water fish tank and im 12, most adults think thats hard, I am propogating corals breeding fish and curing live rock, do you think a kid can do that? So what if im a kid. You should be more respectful! Im sorry if im harsh to you.

Hey, Colin what did he say after that banding? just wandering?

well in my opinion i think that trying to breed animals is not a bad thing, so long as reaserch is done and the animals housed properly and kept in the correct manner. If one tries to breed animals, one must get the set up right adn have all the conditions to induce breeding. i know that alot of ppl here feel very strongly about caudates, and hey I do too,but logically thinking if ther is going to be money involved that tends to be a very strong motivator for ppl. I know for alot of reptile species people will breed because they like the animals and also for money. Axolotyls were used for scientiic experiments so they were bred for that purpose, had they chosen another animal axos would probably not be as popular as they are now. Im not saying that its right, im not saying that i support it, what i am saying is that facts are facts, money is a powerful motivator. And hey, lets give the kid some credit for trying to breed his animals, i mean isint that the goal of the caudate hobbyist? I believe that someone saidthat it would be better to have cb animals as opposed to wild ones. and paul, listen man i think that its god you whant to breed youre animals, jsut be sure to research fullyand try to get their conditions right. try to pick youre battles a little more carefully, its never a good idea to taunt of argue with the person who can ban you, or someone who knows more than you.

You've gotten all the respect a 12 yr old has earned.

Good luck with your future plans.

Sharon

(Message edited by ferret_corner on July 21, 2004)

I have one question for you Paul... Before you complained that when you attempted to register for the forum you were too young. Now somehow you are registered and posting. I believe you must be at least 13 years to be a registered user of these forums. Could you perhaps explain why it is then that you are posting on these forums when you are only 12?

WELL... Markus, I clicked on the top thing not the bottom one that said i was too young.

Pfft....if you ask me. Pretending to be a know it all and then hopping out of the chat when you get caught doesn't sound all that mature to me.

"Dwarf Dace"....*nudge*

Joseph, he's just a kid. As from his latest posts here, he obviously isnt a know-it-all. In fact, I think he really knows hardly anything at all. He's just trying to save face. As much as things could be said, I think this is a place where they should be bitten back and just let it drop. The kid's here to learn, and I think he figured out this lesson.

i think one thing to mention is on the comment he made 'not all kids are stupid' -peter- most people dont equate stupidity with youth. it is worth remembering ALL of us were 12 once. but i do remember that a book learning and a sense of belief empowered me to think i was right and 'they' were wrong when i was young too - there is however ALOT to be said for experience. i know a good many 'educated' people who have no common sense at all (this term 'common sense' being a misnomer). if you feel people are down on you -it is not because they think you are stupid it is because they feel you are pushing your overconfidence to much - which is a sign of your age. time is the greatest teacher. i know you have this desire to prove yourself equal but you are under an assumption of inferiority -it is not what you say so much as how you say it and how you deal with others. i heard a good saying on the radio the other day-(and i was thinking when i heard it of how it applies to all of us -especially our current president) 'confidence is the feeling you have just before you fully understand the situation'

Don't forget Mary
lol.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back