GBR Press: Building Work Is Stopped By Newts

W

wes

<u>LEICESTER MERCURY</u> (UK) 18 August 06 Building Work Is Stopped By Newts
A building firm has been forced to halt the construction of a business park because of newts.
William Davis, of Loughborough, put work on an office complex near Nottingham on hold after great crested newts were found.
The species, which is protected under European Union law, was discovered by the firm's ecological consultants, Landscape Science Consultancy.
The company is collecting the newts using bucket traps and has obtained a licence to relocate them.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=132384&command=displayContent&sourceNode=178926&contentPK=15184780&folderPk=77455&pNodeId=132383

So the upshot is yet another traditional habitat is going to be destroyed and the newts will be "relocated" to an uncertain future.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back