Snakes on a plane?

omg its so sad when people try to do that
smuggling crocodiles!!!! bloody mad

Crazy stuff.
shocked.gif

Who would do something like that?! Oh, I guess that question already has an answer.

Sad thing is, many rare creatures are smuggles out of the Philippines. They have wonderful lizards, very rare (rather rarely studied)Caecilians and the darned cutest Tarsiers in the world.

Seriously, Philippines has some of the greatest biodiversity in the world, and yet people don't really study it there as much as it should be done. I can tell you many sad stories about how nature is being destroyed there, but I will not. Heck one of the worlds most rare freshwater crocs are endemic to there.

Its true I mean The Variety Of Animals And creatures there is beyond me and No one cares enough to study them! If only !!

If I had a degree and sponsorship in Animalstudyology or environmentalstudyology or conservationology, I would head to the Philippines and work with conservation efforts! Alot more than their coral reefs need love. I would cry if the Tamaraw ever became extinct. Many many illegal logging going on because the economy is so bad that 10% of the population are now migrant workers, and these are all well educated middled class people doing it. You know why the muddslides are so devastating? Illegal logging. The government really doesnt care about its people there, and that makes me cry, too.

I was exstatic one nite to catch a show on National Geoggraphic or ANimal planet(I forget which) about a really cool rare Lizard on Luzon and a small costal Island. We put coins in the Jar everytime the Philippines are mentioned on tv. If you coulnt tell, that jar isnt too full...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back